The Hindu Vocabulary For All Exams on 27-11-2020
Vocabulary has been an important part of various competitive exams, so we are here with a series of Banking Awareness Quiz on a daily basis on our platform. Follow the quiz daily to improve your banking awareness.
Can I get a Notification in the Daily morning?
Yes! We have two ways to notify you. One is – Telegram Mobile Application and another is – Subscribe our Website. Join our Telegram Channel by clicking the below icon –
Click here to Join Telegram Channel
1. ABRIDGE (VERB): (संक्षेप करना): shorten
Synonyms: cut, curtail
2. ABEYANCE (ADJECTIVE): (निलम्बन): suspension
Synonyms: remission, suspense
Antonyms: in hand
Matters were held in abeyance pending further enquiries.
3. OBNOXIOUS (ADJECTIVE): (अप्रिय): unpleasant
Synonyms: disagreeable, nasty
They overthrew the chancellor who was very obnoxious to them.
4. ANNIHILATE (VERB): (मिटा देना): destroy
Synonyms: wipe out, obliterate
A simple bomb could also annihilate a lot of things.
5. CONFER (VERB): (प्रदान करना): bestow on
Synonyms: present with/to, grant to
The Minister may have exceeded the powers conferred on him by Parliament.
6. VEX (VERB): (खीझाना): annoy
Synonyms: irritate, infuriate
The memory of the conversation still vexed him.
7. DEEM (VERB): (मानना): consider
Synonyms: judge, adjudge
The event was deemed a great success.
8. UNBRIDLED (ADJECTIVE): (निरंकुश): unrestrained
Synonyms: unconstrained, uncontrolled
He had a moment of unbridled ambition.
9. HUMILIATE (VERB): (अपमानित करना): embarrass
Synonyms: mortify, humble
You’ll humiliate me in front of the whole school!
10. BARBARIC (ADJECTIVE): (निर्दयी): cruel
Synonyms: brutal, barbarous
He carried out barbaric acts in the name of war.