The Hindu Vocabulary For All Exams on 21-11-2020
Vocabulary has been an important part of various competitive exams, so we are here with a series of Banking Awareness Quiz on a daily basis on our platform. Follow the quiz daily to improve your banking awareness.
Can I get a Notification in the Daily morning?
Yes! We have two ways to notify you. One is – Telegram Mobile Application and another is – Subscribe our Website. Join our Telegram Channel by clicking the below icon –
Click here to Join Telegram Channel
1. PROFOUNDLY (ADVERB): (गंभीरतापूर्वक): extremely
Synonyms: very, deeply
He profoundly altered the whole course of my life.
2. OPPRESSIVE (ADJECTIVE): (दमनकारी): harsh
Synonyms: cruel, brutal
They survived an oppressive dictatorship.
3. RETREAT (VERB): (पीछे हटना): go out
Synonyms: ebb, recede
Antonyms: come in
It becomes so hot that the lizards retreat into the shade.
4. UNDERPIN (VERB): (प्रोत्साहित करना): promote
Synonyms: nurture, encourage
The theme of honour underpinning the two books.
5. IMPRUDENT (ADJECTIVE): (अविवेकी): unwise
Synonyms: injudicious, incautious
It would be imprudent to leave her winter coat behind.
6. INCURSION (NOUN): (चढ़ाई): attack on
Synonyms: assault on, raid on
Soldiers went for incursions into enemy territory.
7. EXACERBATE (VERB): (ख़राब करना): aggravate
Synonyms: worsen, inflame
The exorbitant cost of land in urban areas only exacerbated the problem.
8. CATASTROPHE (NOUN): (आपदा): disaster
Synonyms: calamity, cataclysm
An environmental catastrophe has hit the country.
9. SLENDER (ADJECTIVE): (अल्प): meagre
Synonyms: limited, slight
He helped people of slender means.
10. DIGNIFIED (ADJECTIVE): (प्रतिष्ठित) : stately
Synonyms: noble, courtly
She maintained a dignified silence.
The Hindu Vocabulary For All Exams on 20-11-2020
The Hindu Vocabulary For All Exams on 19-11-2020
The Hindu Vocabulary For All Exams on 18-11-2020
The Hindu Vocabulary For All Exams on 17-11-2020
Download The Hindu Newspaper Analysis click here