The Hindu Vocabulary For All Exams on 15-10-220
Vocabulary has been an important part of various competitive exams, so we are here with a series of Banking Awareness Quiz on a daily basis on our platform. Follow the quiz daily to improve your banking awareness.
Can I get Notification in Daily morning?
Yes! We have two ways to notify you. One is – Telegram Mobile Application and another is – Subscribe our Website. Join our Telegram Channel by clicking below icon –
Click here to Join Telegram Channel
01. MALICIOUS (ADJECTIVE): (दुर्भावनापूर्ण):spiteful
Synonyms: malevolent, hostile
Example Sentence: He took a sort of malicious pleasure in irritating the monks.
02. ABYSMAL (ADJECTIVE): (अति-गहन):dreadful
Synonyms: awful, terrible
Example Sentence: The quality of the work she does is abysmal.
03. VIOLATE (VERB): (उल्लंघन करना):contravene
Synonyms: breach, infringe
Antonyms: comply with
Example Sentence: They had violated all the terms of a ceasefire.
04. REPRIEVE (VERB): (दण्डविराम):pardon
Synonyms: spare, acquit
Example Sentence: Under the new regime, prisoners under sentence of death were reprieved.
05. SUBVERSIVE (ADJECTIVE): (विनाशक):disruptive
Synonyms: inflammatory, insurgent
Example Sentence: He is a a subversive creature.
06. ANXIOUS (ADJECTIVE): (उत्सुक):eager
Synonyms: keen, desirous
Example Sentence: The company was anxious to avoid any trouble.
07. RESTORE (VERB): (पुनर्स्थापित करना):reinstate
Synonyms: put back, replace
Example Sentence: The government restored confidence in the housing market.
08. AID (NOUN): (सहायता):assistance
Synonyms: support, help
Example Sentence: He saw the pilot slumped in his cockpit and went to his aid.
09. COMPACT (ADJECTIVE): (संक्षिप्त):concise
Synonyms: succinct, condensed
Example Sentence: He gave a compact summary of the play.
10. SEIZE (VERB): (ज़ब्त करना):grab
Synonyms: grasp, snatch
Antonyms: let go of
Example Sentence: She jumped up and seized his arm.