1. IDENTICAL (ADJECTIVE): (समान): one and the same
Synonyms: aforementioned, aforesaid
She stole from the identical station at which she had been arrested before.
2. ILLUSION (NOUN): (भ्रांति): appearance
Synonyms: impression, imitation
They have to showcase an illusion of family togetherness.
3. PROMPT (VERB): (प्रेरित करना): induce
Synonyms: make, move
Curiosity prompted him to look inside.
4. EXPEDITIOUS (ADJECTIVE): (शीघ्र): speedy
Synonyms: swift, quick
The investigation was supposed to be expeditious.
5. RATIFY (VERB): (पुष्टि करना): confirm
Synonyms: approve, sanction
Both countries were due to ratify the treaty by the end of the year.
6. CAPACIOUS (ADJECTIVE): (लंबा-चौड़ा): roomy
Synonyms: commodious, spacious
She looked for a hairpin in her capacious handbag.
7. ASSAULT (VERB): (हमला करना): hit
Synonyms: strike, smack
He pleaded guilty to assaulting a police officer.
8. REAP (NOUN): (प्राप्त करना): receive
Synonyms: obtain, get
The company is reaping the benefits.
9. POST (PREPOSITION): (के उपरांत): subsequent to
American poetry post the 1950s hasn’t had the same impact.
10. NATIVE (ADJECTIVE): (जन्मजात): innate
Synonyms: inherent, inborn
She has some last vestige of native wit.