Vocabulary has been an important part of various competitive exams, so we are here with a series of Banking Awareness Quiz on a daily basis on our platform. Follow the quiz daily to improve your banking awareness.
Yes! We have two ways to notify you. One is – Telegram Mobile Application and another is – Subscribe our Website. Join our Telegram Channel by clicking below icon –
1. TROUNCED (VERB): (फजीहत करना) :defeat heavily in a contest.
Synonyms: overcome, beat
Antonyms: surrender, preserve
Sima felt that it was not possible to trounce Ram in the game.
2. REPOSE (VERB): (आराम करना): lie down
Synonyms: relax, stretch out
Antonyms: work, stress, activity
Example Sentence: When you start your banking preparation, you need to sit in repose and try to empty your mind of all thoughts.
3. LUCRATIVE (ADJECTIVE): (लाभदायक) :producing a great deal of profit.
Synonyms: profitable, bankable
Antonyms: worthless, unsuccessful
Example Sentence: Saima has a lucrative business selling designer clothes.
4. CONVOLUTED (ADJECTIVE): (लपेटा हुआ, जटिल): extremely complicated to follow.
Synonyms: complex, tangled
Antonyms: simple, straightforward.
Example Sentence: His explanations are very convoluted.
5. CLINCH (VERB): (बंधा हुआ): confirm or settle
Synonyms: secure, finalize
Antonyms: delay, disprove
Example Sentence: Lecturer clinched the documents for me.
6. PROVINCE (NOUN): (प्रांत): country, realm
Synonyms: shire, region, territory, domain
Antonyms: avocation, recreation
Example Sentence: Anu is too provincial to buy foreign products.
7. IRREFUTABLE (ADJECTIVE): (अखंडनीय): impossible to deny or disprove
Synonyms: impregnable, apodictic
Antonyms: unreliable, reckless
Example Sentence: This book is irrefutable for me.
8. PALATABLE (ADJECTIVE): (स्वादिष्ट) :of food or drink pleasant to taste
Synonyms: appetizing, luscious
Antonyms: unpleasant, insipid
Example Sentence: The dish was not tasty but look more palatable.
9. INTANGIBLE (ADJECTIVE): (न छुने योग्य):unable to be touched
Synonyms: impalpable, phantom, abstract
Antonyms: real, physical, actual
Example Sentence: We felt an intangible presence in the auditorium.
10. BRUISE (VERB): (कुचलन, चोट): hurt (someone’s feelings).
Synonyms: upset, offend, peeve
Antonyms: compliment, adorn
Example Sentence: The bruise on his leg was deep purple and was easily visible.