Vocabulary has been an important part of various competitive exams, so we are here with a series of Banking Awareness Quiz on a daily basis on our platform. Follow the quiz daily to improve your banking awareness.
Yes! We have two ways to notify you. One is – Telegram Mobile Application and another is – Subscribe our Website. Join our Telegram Channel by clicking below icon –
1. ENDORSE (VERB): (समर्थन करना): support
Synonyms: back, favour
Example Sentence: He earns more money endorsing sports clothes than playing football.
2. VEIL (VERB): (ढंकना): envelop
Synonyms: surround, swathe
Example Sentence: She’s got long fair hair but she’s got veils them.
3. EXAGGERATE (VERB): (अतिरंजना करना): overstate
Synonyms: overemphasize, overstress
Antonyms: play down
He was apt to exaggerate any aches and pains.
4. CONTRARY (ADJECTIVE): (विपरीत): opposite
Synonyms: opposing, opposed
Example Sentence: He ignored contrary advice and agreed on the deal.
5. ESCALATE (VERB): (तीव्र करना): grow
Synonyms: develop, mushroom
Example Sentence: The disturbance escalated into a full-scale riot.
6. CAMARADERIE (NOUN): (सौहार्द): friendship
Synonyms: comradeship, fellowship
Example Sentence: There is an enforced camaraderie in office life.
7. EQUITABLE (ADJECTIVE): (न्यायसंगत): fair
Synonyms: just, impartial
Example Sentence: India has an equitable distribution of resources.
8. CAUTIOUS (ADJECTIVE): (सतर्क): careful
Synonyms: wary, aware
Example Sentence: A driver has to be cautious always.
9. EFFECTIVE (ADJECTIVE): (वास्तविक): virtual
Synonyms: practical, essential
Example Sentence: She has been under effective house arrest since September.
10. COERCE (VERB): (मजबूर करना): pressure
Synonyms: pressurize, persuade
Example Sentence: He was coerced into giving evidence.